WordPress powers over 25% of the websites on the internet today.
Use a new WordPress website to drive customers to your door or order page.
Why A WordPress Website?
A WordPress website uses a content management system (CMS), which means the entire site is managed from the “dashboard.” Pages, posts, media, plugins, themes all can be administrated from one location.
The WordPress platform launched as a hosted service in 2001. It was primarily a blogging platform and was used by thousands of businesses, journalists, aspiring writers, and simple hobbyists.
In 2005, the ability to “skin” the website with different themes was introduced, and just like that, WordPress use exploded. It was incredibly easy to develop a website that didn’t look like everyone else’s.
The platform continued to grow adding an easy-to-install theme program and customizers, page, post and project content types, a Word-like text editor, media libraries and installable plugins.
Currently, WordPress websites power around 28% of all the websites on the internet. That’s a staggering number of nearly 16,000,000 websites using the self-hosted version of WordPress. Some other stats from CodeInWP.com :
- 8% of the top 100 blogs are WordPress websites
- 2,645 of the top 10,000 websites use WordPress
- Compared to other CMS solutions, WordPress is nearly THREE TIMES more popular than Drupal, and nearly EIGHT TIMES more popular than Joomla.
So match those phenomenal numbers with around 50,000 feature-enhancing plugins build specifically for WordPress websites, scalable hosting environments optimized for the platform, security and updating processes, and a user-friendly interface, and you have the most versatile website platform around.
Is A WordPress Website Safe?
Let’s just get this out of the way right away… similar to Windows computers, WordPress websites are a target for hackers due to their popularity.
But, with the right planning, security guidelines, backups and update procedures your WordPress site can be safe and efficient for many years.
BeBizzy Consulting’s hosting packages include several options including:
- Daily, weekly or monthly backups of the entire site into an easily recoverable package in the event of a catastrophic event like a hack or hardware failure.
- Weekly updates of the WordPress core files, themes and plugins to ensure your WordPress website has the most updated software available.
- SSL’s are available to both protect visitor data and also increase your search engine rankings.
- Advanced security processes are put in place when your WordPress website is ready to launch including security plugins, migrating the admin login page, username/password policies, permalink formats and more.
All website are vulnerable to hackers and hardware failures. But the benefits of a WordPress website include ease of backing up and restoration, seamless migration to a new host, and security in finding a qualified professional able to work on the website. If you put the planning in at the beginning of the project your WordPress website can be as safe, or even safer, than a custom-built website.
Who Will Manage My WordPress Website?
Let’s turn that question around… who do you WANT to manage your WordPress website?
WordPress is the easiest to use content management system in use today. Gone are the days of pulling files down using FTP, updating HTML, PHP or ASP in Notepad or Dreamweaver, testing on a local browser, the re-uploading using another FTP connection. The WordPress user interface is well developed, mostly because of the MILLIONS of users who provide feedback, or in some cases, programming for the core file function and design.
In the past BeBizzy Consulting has launched and handed off WordPress websites to very technical users, but we’ve also trained and turned over sites to VERY non-technical clients. In fact, most of the website developed and hosted by BeBizzy Consulting are in the hands of our clients.
Some of the features maintained by BeBizzy Consulting clients include:
- Locked membership content
- Shopping carts
- Event ticket sales
- Large image galleries
- Voting and polls
- Projects that include maps, photos and spec information
- And many more
With a little bit of training and a dedicated staff member your WordPress website can be anything you can dream up. Or if you would like, BeBizzy Consulting can manage it for you!
Let’s Get Started
There are several steps in building and launching a new WordPress website. Most clients immediately jump to “how much will this cost me?” but there’s a lot to do before THAT can be determined.
Engaging BeBizzy Consulting early in the process can help identify the needs, the wants and the nice-to-haves of the website while at the same time helping you avoid costly mistakes.
Some things to consider :
- Do you already have a domain name that matches your business name or culture?
- What should your page focus on to guide potential clients through their possible questions?
- Should the layout be traditional, modern, or cutting edge? All are possible with a WordPress website.
- Are there special integration needs with industry-specific software or can the task be achieved with easier, less-expensive methods like plugins?
- Need a shopping cart, calendar, social media, membership or other special feature?
- What is the timeline? Is this something launching in several months, or do you need it right away?
- Who’s going to manage the site? Will there be a sharp learning curve? Not with a WordPress website!
- Listen to the BeBizzy Break Podcast Episode 53 where we talk in detail about planning and budgeting for a new website.
And NOW we can start talking about price… maybe.
Contact BeBizzy Consulting To Design Your WordPress Website
BeBizzy Consulting has been developing, hosting and troubleshooting WordPress websites for nearly a decade and has watched the WordPress platform grow from a blogging platform into a full-blown website system.
There are several core plugins installed on nearly every new website that speed up the development process, secure the website, and provide some valuable functionality.
The earlier you get us involved, the more we can help guide you on the process to getting your very own WordPress website launched for you business or organization.
BeBizzy Break Podcast Episode 53 where Scott Wild joins Marv to discuss the steps you should take when it’s time to plan and budget for a new WordPress website.