Old websites have a difficult time being viewed on mobile devices like smartphones
and tablets. Redesign your website to be responsive and keep more visitors.
Why Should I Design My Website To Be Responsive?
For the last few years, whether I’ve been working for an advertising agency or now at BeBizzy Consulting, the main question is, “why do I need a new website?”
The answers are numerous, but one stands out above all the rest… your site needs to be responsive.
By definition, responsive sites provide a similar experience to visitors regardless of the device or resolution on which they view the site. What that really means is that whether the users hits the site on their desktop or on their smarphone the information should be similar. Not exactly the same, as the screen sizes are vastly different, but similar.
The arguments to spend the money on responsive design are many, including:
- Nearly 60% of American adults use a smartphone, and almost that same amount of internet traffic is performed by mobile devices. Your site needs to be viewed on these devices with a positive experience.
- The smartphone is the new phone book. Every year we get a phone book delivered, but how many times do you look contact information up on your smartphone instead of dusting off a large, alphabetical listing? Responsive sites provide an easy way to get your contact information front and center on your page even to mobile users.
- If B2B, more millenials are doing research on your companies and using mobile devices.
- Huge difference in computer sizes. I use two 23″ monitors, some use a single 27″, and then there’s the mobile guy who uses a 12″ laptop. All need a similar experience.
- Does your competition have a responsive site yet? If they do, they are getting leads from mobile users. If they do not, YOU can get a jump on them and get more leads.
- If you are doing any sort of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) it’s much easier to optimize for one site than for two. Send everyone to the same page for the same information and focus marketing dollars instead of splitting and spending extra money to reach both audiences.
- Google, who owns nearly 70% of the search market, states that responsive web design is an industry best practice.
- And finally, nearly 75% of consumers bring their smartphone to the bathroom. Talk about a captive audience.
So on to the next question. How much will this cost?
Not as much as you would think, with BeBizzy Consulting anyways. All of our development is built on the WordPress CRM system. The code is installed in our shared server environment, backed up nightly, secured and kept updated by some great software, and is incredibly easy to navigate and edit. Best of all, the themes we purchase and use are all responsive and have been tested on many devices across many browsers to ensure your potential clients are getting to you regardless of which device is used.
So what’s the next step? Well, contacting us would be the best, easiest next step towards determining if you need to complete the migration to a responsive site. There are definitely a few more items to be concerned about like current SEO efforts and other special coding that may exist. If you want to do some checking for yourself I would suggest making a list of competitors or businesses similar in other areas and checking their websites. If you’re seeing others already configured for responsive, you’re already behind. If not, it’s a chance to jump out front and potentially capture some market share.
Responsive web design is not new, nor will it be going anywhere soon. Designing a site that’s capable to be displayed on virtually any device and display similar information is huge in minimizing the cost of multiple SEO campaigns and managing several versions of one site. Contact BeBizzy Consulting and let’s see how we can move you towards that mobile-friendly website. You decide what you want on the site, then leave the technical stuff to us.
Let’s Get Started
There are several steps in building and launching a new WordPress website. Most clients immediately jump to “how much will this cost me?” but there’s a lot to do before THAT can be determined.
Engaging BeBizzy Consulting early in the process can help identify the needs, the wants and the nice-to-haves of the website while at the same time helping you avoid costly mistakes.
Some things to consider :
- Do you already have a domain name that matches your business name or culture?
- What should your page focus on to guide potential clients through their possible questions?
- Should the layout be traditional, modern, or cutting edge? All are possible with a WordPress website.
- Are there special integration needs with industry-specific software or can the task be achieved with easier, less-expensive methods like plugins?
- Need a shopping cart, calendar, social media, membership or other special feature?
- What is the timeline? Is this something launching in several months, or do you need it right away?
- Who’s going to manage the site? Will there be a sharp learning curve? Not with a WordPress website!
- Listen to the BeBizzy Break Podcast Episode 53 where we talk in detail about planning and budgeting for a new website.
And NOW we can start talking about price… maybe.
Contact BeBizzy Consulting To Design Your WordPress Website
BeBizzy Consulting has been developing, hosting and troubleshooting WordPress websites for nearly a decade and has watched the WordPress platform grow from a blogging platform into a full-blown website system.
There are several core plugins installed on nearly every new website that speed up the development process, secure the website, and provide some valuable functionality.
The earlier you get us involved, the more we can help guide you on the process to getting your very own WordPress website launched for you business or organization.
BeBizzy Break Podcast Episode 53 where Scott Wild joins Marv to discuss the steps you should take when it’s time to plan and budget for a new WordPress website.