Millions use their Android phones as entertainment centers. Hours are spent online shopping, on social media, steaming music, watching video… and gaming.
I was on the cutting edge of video games and spent my allowance in dark arcades shoveling quarters into Space Invaders, PacMan and more. I also spent hundreds of hours in front of my Atari playing some of the same games and dozens more like Pitfall!, Berserk and California Games. I moved on to my computer and other gaming systems with Madden, Duke Nuke’em and Castle Wolfenstein.
So it would seem logical that mobile gaming would be a logical next step, doesn’t it?
Well, all you have to do is log on to the Google Play Store and you’re hit immediately with a TON of games all vying for your attention… and money. Amazingly, I’m not a huge mobile gamer but I still play to kill some time and shut the brain down. But I did find a great list of the Top 50 Best Android Games for 2015 from TechRadar. I was amazed how many I had played even with the limited time spent gaming. Some of my favorites are :
- PewPew – come on… the NAME!
- Beach Buggy Blitz – I’m a sucker for driving games. This one is different AND fun.
- Minecraft Pocket Edition – Many of you already play Minecraft… ALOT. This will give you a fix when you’re away from your computer.
Not on the list of 2015 but still get played a bunch are :
- Trivia Crack – Hooked. Challenge me, I dare ya!
- World Series of Poker – Online poker for the times when you just have to play some cards
- Taipan – A turn-based game from the old Apple II days where you are a pirate/smuggler in the old Orient. Horrible graphics and so-so gameplay, but it makes me feel like it’s 1984.
Need more tips on games and gaming? Join the rest of the #VZWBUZZ team for a Twitter chat hosted by Online Mom Media on how to get the most of your mobile device when playing mobile games. It starts at 8pm Eastern and in addition to just gaming info, there’s prizes to give away and an after-show. Join us and look for me @BeBizzy on Twitter… if you dare.
Disclosure: As member of a pretty cool team of influencers, I received a mobile phone and with line of service from Verizon. No additional compensation was provided nor did I promise a positive review. All opinions are my own.